Sunday, September 30, 2007

Research Request

This is the research request letter I sent out to Spanish teachers who have special courses for Spanish for Spanish speakers:

Dear

I was referred to you and your program of Spanish for Spanish Speakers at the Middle School level. I am a graduate student at UNCG pursuing a MEd with emphasis on Instructional Design (ID). I am also fluent in Spanish, have lived in Peru for many years, and currently teach at a nearby school.

For my ID course this semester I am designing a Saturday school program for elementary age native Spanish speakers similar to the Chinese community Saturday school which teaches the children their mother tongue language and culture.

I believe we could actually initiate such a program. In researching this possibility I wondered what you see as the needs for these children in such a program. Your input is invaluable and may be either emailed to me or sent by mail. I thank you in advance for taking the time to help us with this worthy investigation.

Yours truly,
Aerin Benavides

No comments: